Multiple Crane/Derrick Lifts
§ 1926.1432 — Supplemental Requirements.
(a) Plan development. Before beginning a crane/derrick operation in which more than one crane/derrick will be supporting the load, the operation must be planned. The planning must meet the following requirements:
(1) The plan must be developed by a qualified person.
(2) The plan must be designed to ensure that the requirements of this subpart are met.
(3) Where the qualified person determines that engineering expertise is needed for the planning, the employer must ensure that it is provided.
(b) Plan implementation.
(1) The multiple crane/derrick lifts must be directed by a person who meets the criteria for both a competent person and a qualified person, or by a competent person who is assisted by one or more qualified persons (lift director).
(2) The lift director must review the plan in a meeting with all workers who will be involved with the operation.
You may call us at the location nearest to you – Click HERE for Lift Plan Terms & Conditions.